I don't know how many years ago, I saw the iPad and although it took awhile for me to actually appreciate it for what it was, I started to dream about it. I wanted it for different reasons, the greatest of which was so I could read ebooks. For awhile I didn't know what to get (an ipad or a ebook reader, like kindle) but since I was buying some sort of tablet Bon and I thought that its better that I bought something that I could use for other things --- and not just for reading books.
The cheap skate that I was, it took me even longer to finally get it. I had a laptop and didn't feel that another gadget was necessary, but when this year came I promised to get one for my birthday. A long overdue reward that I knew I deserved. And since my birthday is in March and I couldn't wait until then, we decided it was okay for me to advance my birthday gift.
This iPad is my very first MAC. I never owned an iPhone (only BON did) and I never had a real iPod (just a shuffle) cus although Bon swears that he's no techie --- it's I. I don't need an iPod so I used to just borrow from him and my sisters. It took awhile for me to buy myself a laptop because I was so content with the pc and I am happy with my Blackberry.
I am loving my iPad.
- I love it because I am able to sync all three emails that I have. My Yahoo. My Gmail. You and Your Teeth's email. Once I spent an entire night on the computer trying to find a way to do that for free, and I ended up getting a headache.
- I love it because I am now able to read my ebooks better, and I am able to use Kindle and Kobo as my reader. I don’t have to read my ebooks on my laptop (10.1, so it’s not so heavy, but still) and I don’t have to pay for books because I just have to download them.
- I love it because there are lots of games to play and that means I don't have to borrow Bon's iPhone or Galaxy Note, to amuse myself – I have my own toy.
- I love it because there's this very amazing dental app, that allows me to make patient charts. This is perfect for case presentation, especially now that I am studying and also when I have to give my treatment plans to patients.
- I love it because it organizes everything I have. Skype. Yahoo Messenger. Facebook. Twitter. Not that I am unable to do this with my laptop, but I feel like its just so much easier now --- even if you have multiple accounts.
- I love it because I am a planner and a to-do list kind of girl and with it I am able to organize everything I need.
- I love it because I've always wanted to have one and now I do.
- I love it because now that we actually have two "computers", Bon does not have to keep me from writing when he wants to browse through his sites. He can have the iPad while I'm writing and he doesn't have to disturb me.
Next project. A Macbook for Bon.